USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
The U.S. Department of Agriculture publish a "Complete Guide to Home Canning" which is a very comprehensive document covering . . .
- Scientific principles on which canning techniques are based
- Canning equipment, and the proper use of jars and lids.
- Basic canning ingredients and procedures
- Canning guides for specific foods.
- Processing adjustments for altitudes above sea level are given for each food.
- It contains many new research-based recommendations for canning safer and better quality food at home.
It is an invaluable resource book for persons who are canning food for the first time. Experienced canners will find updated information to help them improve their canning practices.
You can download it for free from The National Center for Home Food Preservation: https://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_usda.html